I choose to do question number two about scars and marks. My scars and marks come from skateboarding and small physical altercations that I've been in. Scars can act as story as what's happened in someones life. Some don't come from self inflicted things which can make the mark somewhat effect someone internally.
I also have tattoos that each tell a story about my life in someway. These can be internal because tattoos are something that is with you for the rest of your life. People get tattoos as symbolism to show something that they like, to where they belong or come from and many other reasons. All ideas from tattoos come from what a person is feeling. They represent what they're feeling internally.
The scars on my elbow, thighs, head, knees and ankle come from skateboarding. I also have two screws in my left ankle from a talus bone fracture. Each scar affected me internally but in a positive way. Each time I would fall and take a hard landing I would get back up and restart. They're something I have that reminds me that I'm strong and I can get through anything.
On my left arm I have a crying eye on my wrist that reads no love underneath. The eye basically represents pain and the no love is self explanatory. Above that, I have the Supreme box logo. I got this because I'm a fan of Odd Future and also because I used to skate. The inner forearm has the state of Hawaii and the original colors of the Hawaiian flag. This tattoo represents my time spent in Hawaii and the completion of school there.
Next to that, is my home state of Oklahoma where I was born. On my elbow I have a phrase in Hawaiian that means strong woman. On my right arm I have the Goat of Mendes tattoo which throws alot of people off. Alot of people think it has to do with devil worship and things like that. Its a half man half woman deity that was worshiped by the Knights of Templar. Its widely known as the baphomet which is derived from a Latin term meaning the absorption of knowledge.
I have more but those are my symbolism choices to show the correlation between scars and marks and how they can be internal with someone. We all have some sort of scar that reminds us of a past event that has happened in our lives. Each scar taught us something whether it was to don't touch something while it hot or to watch our step when we're walking. Some of us have tattoos that further express how we are feeling along with our thoughts and ideas. Some people are born with marks that they've had forever. The marks become part of their identity as a person physically. Scars, marks or tattoos all have an internal meaning to the person to who they are on.
No comments:
Post a Comment